Our Salt Lake City plant is equipped with a 22′ x 180′ Oxy Fuel / 800 Amp Plasma on a CNC Burning Table which allows us to cut up to 6″ thick Stainless Steel.
Additional burning equipment
- Quad 4 Gantry Burner – 13′-6″ X 60′
- 800 AMP Plasma on a CNC Burning Table
- AirCo Plasma Cutting System – PCS-140
- ESAB Portable Plasma Burners
- Circle Burner
- Circle Burner w / Hillside Attachment
Whatever your job requires, Eaton’s welders possess all the skills & certifications you’ll ever need, as well as the experience & tools to meet the strictest of standards.
We can work with most materials including:
- A-36 Carbon Steels
- Stainless Steels (304/316)
- Duplex Stainless
- High Strength Low Alloy Steels
- Pressure Vessel Quality Steels
- High Carbon Steels
- Alloys, including Inconel
Eaton’s welding processes
- SMAW – Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- FCAW – Flux Cored Arc Welding
- GMAW – Gas Metal Arc Welding
- GTAW – Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- SAW – Submerged Arc Welding
Overlaying material, for corrosion & wear resistance, is a specialty of our welding team. We have developed our own procedures for GMAW, GTAW, and SAW welding processes to apply corrosion resistant materials, such as stainless steel & Inconel, to the inside and outside surfaces of components including nozzles, pipe & pressure vessels.
When it comes to rolling steel plate, WE CONSIDER OURSELVES THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS! Rolling operations are conducted at our Salt Lake City facility, where we’ve designed our processes to flow smoothly from burning tables to rolls. We utilize a variety of plate rolling equipment, allowing us to work with both light & heavy wall material, ranging from 3/16″ to 6 ½” in thickness.
Depending on the material thickness, we are able to maintain a minimum diameter of 20″ & a maximum diameter of 19′.
The rolls can be formed with either beveled or square butt joints, on the long & circumference seams, & can be tack or fully welded, while our customers have the option of full seam weld examination, with their choice of NDE method. Our skilled professionals & proven procedures combine to produce rolled & welded cylinders of consistent roundness & expert quality.
Our Famous Rolls
- Bertsch #40 Pinch Type Bending Roll – 43″/45″ X 13′-4″
- Bertsch #32 Pinch Type Bending Roll – 27 1/2″ X 12′-0″
- Bertsch #18 Pinch Type Bending Roll – 17 1/2″ X 10’0″ (baby bear)
Post Weld Heat Treatment takes place at our Pocatello, Idaho facility. PWHT is generally specified for steel that has been cold-formed, flame-cut or fabricated. Prior to final machining, this process is utilized to reduce residual stresses & allow for dimensional stability & increased product life. This is commonly referred to as stress relieving, annealing & normalizing.
The furnace, located in our massive main bay, is a car bottom type, capable of 1750°F. It is designed to easily accommodate equipment weighing up to 400,000 lbs. & measuring 20′ X 20′ X 60′.